Saturday, August 23, 2008

About This Blog

The purpose of this blog is to discuss science, reason, and the ways art and other creative endeavors may be able to contribute something to human understanding of the natural world. While we live in a time of unprecedented technological and scientific achievement, many of us understand little about the workings of the universe. Plenty of people all around the world hold onto beliefs that have no basis in fact. Sometimes this is harmless, but in other cases, it's disastrous. With the explosive growth of new media such as blogs and podcasting, there are lots of ways for people who are interested in science-and-society topics to exchange ideas.

I'm interested in science, and I'm also interested in mass media, so I've always looked for ways in which those two topics might fit together. At times in this blog I'll share some stories about my attempts to pursue these diverse interests. Not every one of these attempts has been successful, which of course makes for much better anecdotes.

I make my living shooting and directing TV commercials and other videos, and I enjoy the creativity this involves. Naturally, I'm also working on a documentary which I'll describe in future posts. thanks for reading.

No comments: